Saturday, March 26, 2005

What is the College of Community Association Lawyers?

The College of Community Association Lawyers is a group of attorneys that practice community association law. Members have distinguished themselves through contributions to the evolution or practice of community association law. Admission requirements includes: (1) a minimum of 10 years of practice in community association law; (2) substantial writing in the area of community association law; (3) significant teaching on community association law; and (4) community service or legislative activity. The College plans and presents what many consider the best educational program on community associations. Hundreds of attorneys, managers and others attend the CAI Law Seminar each year.

I've written this article for two reasons. First, I want to encourage any attorneys that meet the requirements of the College to apply for membership. Second, I want you to know that I'll be in Washington, DC from April 8 to 12, 2005 to attend strategic planning for the Board of Governors of the College of Community Association Lawyers. While I will continue to post updates while I'm away from the office, there may be some delays particularly while I'm traveling.